- Due to the Knoxville Powerboat Classic, Calhoun’s docks will be closed to the public from midnight on Thursday, September 3rd until 7:00pm on Saturday, September 5th.
- Due to the Knoxville Powerboat Classic, Ned McWherter /Riverside Park and boat ramp will be closed to the public beginning at 9:30am on Friday, September 4th until 5:30pm on Saturday, September 5th.
- University of Tennessee boathouse docks are by permit only – SOLD OUT.
- City docks will be closed on Sunday, September 6th. Mooring at the City docks will be open after the fireworks with officers from TWRA directing the largest vessels into place first.
- On Sunday, September 6th, docking at Calhoun’s is monitored by TWRA for access to the river channel.
- No general public shore access will be available via the Volunteer Landing steps.
- No wake zone will be enforced from the orange railroad trestle to the South Knoxville Bridge until midnight on Sunday, September 6th.
- Boats should be in place prior to 9:00pm as traffic on the channel between the UT Boathouse and the Henley Bridge will be very limited until after the fireworks end. The main channel of the river will be completely closed from 9:00pm until after the fireworks.
- Boaters may be ticketed if navigational lights aren’t working, children under 13 aren’t wearing a life-jacket, fire extinguishers aren’t in working order or there aren’t enough personal flotation devices for every person on board plus one throwable device.